Nick Sabalausky
Apr 08, 2011
soarowl zhuo
Apr 08, 2011
Kagamin
Apr 08, 2011
Simon
April 08, 2011
Is the makefile supposed to work "out-of-the-box", or is it expected that it be edited first?  Because when I do "make -f win32.mak" form the src dir I just get "Error: '\dm\bin\dmc' not found". Same (exact same) result if I do "make -f win32.mak D=path_to_parent_of_dm".

I know I can just hack the make file to make it work like I've alwayd done before, but now that I'm starting to work with the source from github, I want to see if theres a "proper" way to do it that I'm missing that won't end up with me needing to omit the makefile from commits and re-apply my change whenever I pull a new version of the makefile.

April 08, 2011
Error decoding Quoted-Printable message: Unexpected 'g' when converting from type string to type ubyte
April 08, 2011
Nick Sabalausky Wrote:

> want to see if theres a "proper" way to do it that I'm missing that won't end up with me needing to omit the makefile from commits and re-apply my change whenever I pull a new version of the makefile.

it should be possible to merge stock makefile with local version, even ms does it.
April 08, 2011
On 08/04/2011 05:37, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Is the makefile supposed to work "out-of-the-box", or is it expected that it
> be edited first?  Because when I do "make -f win32.mak" form the src dir I
> just get "Error: '\dm\bin\dmc' not found". Same (exact same) result if I do
> "make -f win32.mak D=path_to_parent_of_dm".
>
> I know I can just hack the make file to make it work like I've alwayd done
> before, but now that I'm starting to work with the source from github, I
> want to see if theres a "proper" way to do it that I'm missing that won't
> end up with me needing to omit the makefile from commits and re-apply my
> change whenever I pull a new version of the makefile.
>
>

You could create a junction from \dm\bin to where ever you've put the dmc bin folder. saves mucking around.

-- 
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk