March 24, 2018
On Monday, 19 March 2018 at 00:50:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Monday, March 19, 2018 00:14:11 Drone1h via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> I am not sure whether I can make it work with "inout" instead of "const". Perhaps I am missing something.
> ...
>> May I ask that you confirm that this is what you suggested ? Thank you.
>
> Marking a empty or front with inout has most of the problems that const has. The difference is that [...]

Thank you again for your kind replies. I will carefully read during the following days.
April 09, 2018
On Monday, 19 March 2018 at 00:50:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> [...]
> http://jmdavisprog.com/articles/why-const-sucks.html

I have just read the reply and the article.

I cannot believe you have written this article in response to this thread (perhaps I am mis-interpreting the date of the article). But even if not so, thank you for clarifications and for describing root causes.

I will have to read it again, and then read the other replies to my question, because I am just beginning to understand what "head-const" and "tail-const" mean and to get an idea of the problems.

By this reply, I just wish to let you all know that your answers are really appreciated and that I believe they are very helpful for many programmers, even if they need time to understand them. Thank you Jonathan. Thank you all.
April 09, 2018
On Monday, April 09, 2018 23:58:02 Drone1h via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Monday, 19 March 2018 at 00:50:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > [...]
> > http://jmdavisprog.com/articles/why-const-sucks.html
>
> I have just read the reply and the article.
>
> I cannot believe you have written this article in response to this thread (perhaps I am mis-interpreting the date of the article). But even if not so, thank you for clarifications and for describing root causes.

I did not write the article in response to any thread. I'd been meaning to write it for a while. It's just that it's relevant to this thread, and pointing to the article rather than trying to explain everything that's in there again saves me time.

- Jonathan M Davis

1 2 3
Next ›   Last »