contributing to GDC development
Jun 02, 2013
arnuld
Jun 02, 2013
Iain Buclaw
Jun 04, 2013
arnuld
June 02, 2013
I am primarily a C developer and have 3 years of industrial experience in it, mostly have written sockets API related stuff along with application development. Have worked in C++ too but that is more of personal interest than industrial work. Got interested in D language recently. I will be very happy if I can do some compiler development work as I have some fascination for system programming.

How can I help in development of GDC as a programmer ?

June 02, 2013
On 2 June 2013 05:52, arnuld <sunrise@invalid.address> wrote:
> I am primarily a C developer and have 3 years of industrial experience in it, mostly have written sockets API related stuff along with application development. Have worked in C++ too but that is more of personal interest than industrial work. Got interested in D language recently. I will be very happy if I can do some compiler development work as I have some fascination for system programming.
>
> How can I help in development of GDC as a programmer ?
>

Toolchain developers would be more useful at the moment if you have hardware kit to test gdc on ARM, MIPS, and so forth.  GNU/Hurd and FreeBSD would be beneficial also.

There's no main entry point to ease you in that I can throw pointers at, but any bug fixing, sending small patches here and there are always welcome. :-)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
June 04, 2013
> On Sunday, 2 June 2013 at 14:27:14 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> Toolchain developers would be more useful at the moment if you have hardware kit to test gdc on ARM, MIPS, and
> so forth. GNU/Hurd and FreeBSD would be beneficial also

> There's no main entry point to ease you in that I can throw pointers at, but any bug fixing, sending small patches here
> and there are always welcome. :-)

Iain, I mailed you at ibuclaw(at)gdcproject(dot)org but seems like you missed it. Hence I posted it here.  Antyway, I will get to bugzilla and see if I can fix some bugs. I can't test GDC for Hurd or FreeBSD because I have only one machine (which is being used for learning 100% of the time and it runs on Arch Linux)