October 06, 2009
Robert Clipsham wrote:
>> There are quite a few incorrect dstress tests. I've been making tickets for them as I find them.
> 
> I believe Christian is the maintainer for the dstress project on dsource, he should be able to give you commit access if you have patches.

That's true. I've updated the front page with my email address and the request for help.

October 06, 2009
Robert Clipsham wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Then please go ahead and set it up.
> 
> What exactly would you like setting up? Currently I'm thinking:
> 
> * Automated builds of dmd 1 and 2
> * Automated builds of druntime, phobos and tango
> * Automated DStress runs
> * Automated dmd test suite runs (if you're willing to provide me access to the test suite)
> * Automated builds of more popular projects from dsource (with permission from the maintainers obviously)
> 
> Is there anything else you want?
> 
> I also need to know how you would like results to be reported. Would you like them to sit on a web page with an RSS feed, email the results to a specified list of email addresses, post to the nextgroups, post to IRC?

I suggest setting it up to email the maintainers of the packages being compiled any problems with compiling them.
October 07, 2009
Walter Bright, el  6 de octubre a las 12:07 me escribiste:
> Robert Clipsham wrote:
> >Walter Bright wrote:
> >>Then please go ahead and set it up.
> >
> >What exactly would you like setting up? Currently I'm thinking:
> >
> >* Automated builds of dmd 1 and 2
> >* Automated builds of druntime, phobos and tango
> >* Automated DStress runs
> >* Automated dmd test suite runs (if you're willing to provide me
> >access to the test suite)
> >* Automated builds of more popular projects from dsource (with
> >permission from the maintainers obviously)
> >
> >Is there anything else you want?
> >
> >I also need to know how you would like results to be reported. Would you like them to sit on a web page with an RSS feed, email the results to a specified list of email addresses, post to the nextgroups, post to IRC?
> 
> I suggest setting it up to email the maintainers of the packages being compiled any problems with compiling them.

I think it would be best to have a newsgroup/mailing list/RSS for this. At least being able to see the result in a website.

I'm very curious, I'd love to be able to see the results of this automated tests =)

-- 
Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca)                      http://llucax.com.ar/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GPG Key: 5F5A8D05 (F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145  104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
HACIA NEUQUEN: EL JUEVES SALDRA CARAVANA CON PERROS
DESDE CAPITAL EN APOYO AL CACHORRO CONDENADO A MUERTE
	-- Crónica TV
October 13, 2009
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:28:58 -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> Walter Bright, el  6 de octubre a las 12:07 me escribiste:
>> Robert Clipsham wrote:
>> >Walter Bright wrote:
>> >>Then please go ahead and set it up.
>> >
>> >What exactly would you like setting up? Currently I'm thinking:
>> >
>> >* Automated builds of dmd 1 and 2
>> >* Automated builds of druntime, phobos and tango * Automated DStress
>> >runs
>> >* Automated dmd test suite runs (if you're willing to provide me
>> >access to the test suite)
>> >* Automated builds of more popular projects from dsource (with
>> >permission from the maintainers obviously)
>> >
>> >Is there anything else you want?
>> >
>> >I also need to know how you would like results to be reported. Would you like them to sit on a web page with an RSS feed, email the results to a specified list of email addresses, post to the nextgroups, post to IRC?
>> 
>> I suggest setting it up to email the maintainers of the packages being compiled any problems with compiling them.
> 
> I think it would be best to have a newsgroup/mailing list/RSS for this. At least being able to see the result in a website.
> 
> I'm very curious, I'd love to be able to see the results of this automated tests =)

A website would be my personal favorite.
It's open to everyone and don't spam the mail folder
in times of broken code.
October 23, 2009
LDC2 does not work at all on my 64bit GNU/Linux box, while GDC works without any problems (v2.014). Also D2 applications I wrote work well too. Sure, old version of D2 is supported so many cool features are missing, that is why I hoped some more up-to-date version of GDC will soon be released.

D is loosing in popularity these days. Personally, i think one of the major reasons is the stale development of GDC. (Yes I am aware of the LDC project, but it is quite new one, and lacks working D2 support).
1 2 3
Next ›   Last »