Aug 26, 2001
Walter
Aug 26, 2001
Iliya Peregoudov
Aug 26, 2001
Walter
August 25, 2001
The small questuion:

Is it possible to compile under DOS using tools distributed from the site?  I just need a moderm C++ compiler to compile for DOS or DOSX under DOS.
August 25, 2001
No, the tools only run under a Win32 system. They will generate a DOS or DOSX executable, however, which you can transfer to a DOS system via a floppy disk.

-Walter

Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B874AFF.7992@mail.ru>...
>The small questuion:
>
>Is it possible to compile under DOS using tools distributed from the site?  I just need a moderm C++ compiler to compile for DOS or DOSX under DOS.

August 25, 2001
Is it applicable to all versions or to 8.x ones?  I found that 7.7B0 and 7.7B1 include DOSX versions of the compiler but no headers and libraries.  I tried to use it with headerss and libs from 8.1c but failed.  The SC said:

Internal error: cgreg 44
    --- errorlevel 1

Can I use 7.7x version with dm headers and libraries instead of those distributed with Symantec C++ 7.5?

One more question:  Does the CD contains development tools for DOS?

> 
> No, the tools only run under a Win32 system. They will generate a DOS or DOSX executable, however, which you can transfer to a DOS system via a floppy disk.
> 
> -Walter
August 25, 2001
Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B8764CD.68AD@mail.ru>...
>Is it applicable to all versions or to 8.x ones?  I found that 7.7B0 and 7.7B1 include DOSX versions of the compiler but no headers and libraries.  I tried to use it with headerss and libs from 8.1c but failed.  The SC said:
>
>    Internal error: cgreg 44
>    --- errorlevel 1
>
>Can I use 7.7x version with dm headers and libraries instead of those distributed with Symantec C++ 7.5?

Yes.

>One more question:  Does the CD contains development tools for DOS?

They will generate DOS programs, but the tools themselves are win32 executables.

August 26, 2001
Walter wrote:
> 
> Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B8764CD.68AD@mail.ru>...
> >Is it applicable to all versions or to 8.x ones?  I found that 7.7B0 and 7.7B1 include DOSX versions of the compiler but no headers and libraries.  I tried to use it with headerss and libs from 8.1c but failed.  The SC said:
> >
> >    Internal error: cgreg 44
> >    --- errorlevel 1
> >
> >Can I use 7.7x version with dm headers and libraries instead of those distributed with Symantec C++ 7.5?
> 
> Yes.

1.  Does dmc 7.7B0 run under DOS?

2.  If it does why I got the error message?
August 26, 2001
Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B892428.143A@mail.ru>...
>1.  Does dmc 7.7B0 run under DOS?

Yes.

>2.  If it does why I got the error message?

That is a bug in the compiler. If you can reduce it to the smallest source that reproduces it, I can see about fixing it. -Walter

August 26, 2001
Walter wrote:
> 
> Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B892428.143A@mail.ru>...
> >2.  If it does why I got the error message?
> 
> That is a bug in the compiler. If you can reduce it to the smallest source that reproduces it, I can see about fixing it. -Walter

this hello-world program give me the error message:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
    printf("Hello, world!\n");
    return 0;
}
August 26, 2001
That sounds hopelessly broken. All I can suggest is switch to another version.

Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B8936AC.2160@mail.ru>...
>Walter wrote:
>>
>> Iliya Peregoudov wrote in message <3B892428.143A@mail.ru>...
>> >2.  If it does why I got the error message?
>>
>> That is a bug in the compiler. If you can reduce it to the smallest source that reproduces it, I can see about fixing it. -Walter
>
>this hello-world program give me the error message:
>
>#include <stdio.h>
>
>int main(void)
>{
>    printf("Hello, world!\n");
>    return 0;
>}