April 29, 2010
The crux of the problem is that Tango has a license (BSD) that cannot be relicensed to the Boost license without the explicit permission of all the authors of any code to be transferred.

In order to avoid even the appearance of impropriety, there won't be any submissions to Phobos that are based on Tango code, even simply Tango interfaces, without the explicit permission of all authors of that code.

One of the major authors of the Tango time module, John Chapman, cannot be located so until he is and agrees the proposed Phobos time module cannot be accepted.

I have asked the Tango team to consider adopting the Boost license at least for new modules. I don't think this will cause any significant problems, as neither the Boost nor the BSD licenses are viral.

I think we can all agree that it doesn't do D, Phobos, or Tango any good at all to have these licensing rifts.

And as always, I extend to the Tango team permission to create derived works of and relicense to BSD for Tango any of the code I have written for Phobos.