Frank Benoit
Mar 26, 2006
Johan Granberg
Mar 26, 2006
James Pelcis
Mar 30, 2006
Johan Granberg
March 24, 2006
I have tried to create an application using SDL and OpenGL under OSX and encountered difficulties when I try to link it.

Fairy:~/Desktop/spacesim johan$ make
gdc -I/usr/include/d/4.0.1/ build/base/main.o build/base/config.o build/base/window.o build/base/interfaces.o build/base/file.o build/base/game.o build/base/spacesim.o -o build/spacesim -Llib -framework OpenGL -framework SDL
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
__ModuleInfo_1c2gl2gl
__ModuleInfo_1c2gl3glu
__ModuleInfo_1c3sdl3sdl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [build/spacesim] Error 1
Fairy:~/Desktop/spacesim johan$

How do I resolve these symbols. I'm using the headers fund on dsource.

thanks in advance
/Johan

ps. if you need more info just tell me what you need to know
March 24, 2006
Seems to be a bug. If a module has only C-declarations and no actions in
it, the compiler does not generate the ModuleInfo symbol.
For work around you can add a

unittest{}

into each such module.
March 26, 2006
Frank Benoit wrote:
> Seems to be a bug. If a module has only C-declarations and no actions in
> it, the compiler does not generate the ModuleInfo symbol.
> For work around you can add a
> 
> unittest{}
> 
> into each such module.

Ok you got me confused. I had asumed you used the files as c headers and therfor did not compiled and linked them. I tried to compile and link them to but that resulted in multiple definitions of wath i belive to bee every public symbol in opengl.

what am i suposed to do to get the bindings working? I used these bindings but if there are others i can easily use them instead

http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/OpenGraphicsLibrary

March 26, 2006
Hello.  Although I made those bindings, it doesn't surprise me that they can't be used.  The problem is that I don't own a Mac.

As I understand things, the headers still need to be compiled and linked.  If you don't do that, you'll be calling a non-existent function.  The major caveat is that _glextern.d should NOT be linked in or GLUT fonts might not work (on some operating system, at least).

Further than that, I can't really help other than to apply whatever fixes are needed.

Johan Granberg wrote:
> Frank Benoit wrote:
>> Seems to be a bug. If a module has only C-declarations and no actions in
>> it, the compiler does not generate the ModuleInfo symbol.
>> For work around you can add a
>>
>> unittest{}
>>
>> into each such module.
> 
> Ok you got me confused. I had asumed you used the files as c headers and therfor did not compiled and linked them. I tried to compile and link them to but that resulted in multiple definitions of wath i belive to bee every public symbol in opengl.
> 
> what am i suposed to do to get the bindings working? I used these bindings but if there are others i can easily use them instead
> 
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/OpenGraphicsLibrary
> 
March 30, 2006
James Pelcis wrote:
> Hello.  Although I made those bindings, it doesn't surprise me that they can't be used.  The problem is that I don't own a Mac.
> 
> As I understand things, the headers still need to be compiled and linked.  If you don't do that, you'll be calling a non-existent function.  The major caveat is that _glextern.d should NOT be linked in or GLUT fonts might not work (on some operating system, at least).
> 
> Further than that, I can't really help other than to apply whatever fixes are needed.

If anyone is intrested I solved the problem by using the opengl bindings from the glfw project and as a result I'm now using glfw instead of sdl.