Thread overview
Is DWT usable?
Apr 16, 2018
dangbinghoo
Apr 16, 2018
dangbinghoo
Apr 16, 2018
Jacob Carlborg
Apr 17, 2018
dangbinghoo
Apr 18, 2018
Jacob Carlborg
Apr 23, 2018
dangbinghoo
Apr 23, 2018
Jacob Carlborg
April 16, 2018
I have noticed DWT moved to as a dub package. And said it easy to startup.

So, I just cloned the DWT git repo. And did the same thing as README.

But I got the following :

```
dub --single main.d
Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
dwt:base 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "library" is up to date.
dwt 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "linux-gtk" is up to date.
main ~master: building configuration "application"...
Linking...
To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with --force.
Running ./main
Program exited with code -11
```

the same result as I tried half year ago.
April 16, 2018
On Monday, 16 April 2018 at 04:24:23 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:
>
> I have noticed DWT moved to as a dub package. And said it easy to startup.
>
> So, I just cloned the DWT git repo. And did the same thing as README.
>
> But I got the following :
>
> ```
> dub --single main.d
> Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
> dwt:base 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "library" is up to date.
> dwt 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "linux-gtk" is up to date.
> main ~master: building configuration "application"...
> Linking...
> To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with --force.
> Running ./main
> Program exited with code -11
> ```
>
> the same result as I tried half year ago.

And let's see the gdub

```
$ dub --config=gdub --force
Invalid source/import path: /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/dwt/src
Invalid source/import path: /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/dwt/views
Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
gdub 1.1.0+commit.1.ge3dcff7: building configuration "gdub"...
gdub/gdub.d(24,8): Error: module `all` is in file 'org/eclipse/swt/all.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/dwt/src
import path[1] = /usr/include/dlang/dmd
/usr/bin/dmd failed with exit code 1.
$ vim gdub/gdub.d
$ ls /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/dwt/
base/                            org.eclipse.swt.snippets/        README.markdown
build                            org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86/ refactors.txt
build.d                          packageimport.rb                 snippets-status.txt
org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86/   rakefile                         win-res/
$ ls /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/dwt/
base/                            org.eclipse.swt.snippets/        README.markdown
build                            org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86/ refactors.txt
build.d                          packageimport.rb                 snippets-status.txt
org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86/   rakefile                         win-res/
$ ls /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/dwt/
base     org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86    packageimport.rb  refactors.txt
build    org.eclipse.swt.snippets         rakefile          snippets-status.txt
build.d  org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86  README.markdown   win-res
$ ls /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/dwtlib/
build_dwtlib.bat      build_dwtlib.sh  dub.json  examples     README.md  travis.sh
build_dwtlib_m64.bat  doc              dwt       LICENSE.TXT  tools
$ ls /home/playpeng/.dub/packages/dwtlib-3.2.5/
dwtlib  dwtlib.lock
$
```

April 16, 2018
On 2018-04-16 06:24, dangbinghoo wrote:
> 
> I have noticed DWT moved to as a dub package. And said it easy to startup.
> 
> So, I just cloned the DWT git repo. And did the same thing as README.
> 
> But I got the following :
> 
> ```
> dub --single main.d
> Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
> dwt:base 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "library" is up to date.
> dwt 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "linux-gtk" is up to date.
> main ~master: building configuration "application"...
> Linking...
> To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with --force.
> Running ./main
> Program exited with code -11
> ```
> 
> the same result as I tried half year ago.

Which platform are you using?

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
April 17, 2018
On Monday, 16 April 2018 at 18:50:38 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2018-04-16 06:24, dangbinghoo wrote:
>> 
>> I have noticed DWT moved to as a dub package. And said it easy to startup.
>> 
>> So, I just cloned the DWT git repo. And did the same thing as README.
>> 
>> But I got the following :
>> 
>> ```
>> dub --single main.d
>> Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
>> dwt:base 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "library" is up to date.
>> dwt 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1.commit.2.gd729d7d: target for configuration "linux-gtk" is up to date.
>> main ~master: building configuration "application"...
>> Linking...
>> To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with --force.
>> Running ./main
>> Program exited with code -11
>> ```
>> 
>> the same result as I tried half year ago.
>
> Which platform are you using?

both archlinux (updated) and deepin linux 15(same core as debain 8).
April 18, 2018
On 2018-04-17 11:42, dangbinghoo wrote:

> both archlinux (updated) and deepin linux 15(same core as debain 8).

Are those platforms using KDE?

Might be the same as this issue [1].

[1] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt/issues/34

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
April 23, 2018
On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 19:11:21 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2018-04-17 11:42, dangbinghoo wrote:
>
>> both archlinux (updated) and deepin linux 15(same core as debain 8).
>
> Are those platforms using KDE?
>
> Might be the same as this issue [1].
>
> [1] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt/issues/34

No, I'm just running in XFCE, and I think dwt also need to running with KDE.
April 23, 2018
On 2018-04-23 08:09, dangbinghoo wrote:

> No, I'm just running in XFCE, and I think dwt also need to running with KDE.

Yes, I'm just trying to rule out as much as possible to be able to fix this issue.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
July 21
Am Mon, 23 Apr 2018 08:21:30 +0200
schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob@me.com>:

> Yes, I'm just trying to rule out as much as possible to be able to fix this issue.

Same happens for me, Ubuntu MATE Edition 18.04 x86-64.

	timo@elitebook:~/tmp$ dub --single main.d
	Performing "debug" build using /usr/bin/dmd for x86_64.
	dwt:base 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1: target for configuration "library" is up to date.
	dwt 1.0.1+swt-3.4.1: target for configuration "linux-gtk" is up to date.
	main ~master: building configuration "application"...
	Linking...
	To force a rebuild of up-to-date targets, run again with --force.
	Running ./main
	Program exited with code -11

BR,
Timo