>
> This one?
> ftp://digitalmars.com/coffimplib.zip

Thanks.

I'm trying the command line :
c:\DMD\dmd\lib\Nouveau dossier>coffimplib Uuid.lib Uuid.lib_
Error: not an import library

:-(

I ever trying to use the LINK.EXE from Microsoft before, and COFFIMPLIB after.
But the linker seems to no support the arguments :

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin>link /lib /convert "c:\DMD\dmd\lib\Nouveau dossier\Uuid.Lib"
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 8.00.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

LINK : warning LNK4044: option '/convert' non reconnue ; ignorée
Uuid.Lib(msp_i.obj) : warning LNK4221: aucun symbole public trouvé ; les membres archive ne seront pas accessibles
Uuid.Lib(mobsync_i.obj) : warning LNK4221: aucun symbole public trouvé ; les membres archive ne seront pas accessibles

** Translation :
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin>link /lib /convert "c:\DMD\dmd\lib\Nouveau dossier\Uuid.Lib"
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 8.00.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

LINK : warning LNK4044: option '/convert' not recognized ; ignored
Uuid.Lib(msp_i.obj) : warning LNK4221: no public symbol foound  ; the archive members won't be reachable
Uuid.Lib(mobsync_i.obj) : warning LNK4221: no public symbol found ; the archive members won't be reachable
October 16, 2008
Hello TSalm,

> Le Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:08:51 +0200, Denis Koroskin <2korden@gmail.com>
> a  écrit:
> 
>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:03:12 +0400, tsalm <tsalm@free.fr> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hello,
>>> 
>>> Where to find the utility COFF2OMF ?
>>> 
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> TSalm
>> This one?
>> ftp://digitalmars.com/coffimplib.zip
> Thanks.
> 
> I'm trying the command line :
> c:\DMD\dmd\lib\Nouveau dossier>coffimplib Uuid.lib Uuid.lib_
> Error: not an import library
> :-(
> 

Is Uuid.lib an import library?  It doesn't look like it.  If it's a static library, you won't be able to convert it to omf with the coffimplib or coff2omf tools.

-JJR

October 16, 2008
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM, John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Uuid.lib an import library?  It doesn't look like it.  If it's a static library, you won't be able to convert it to omf with the coffimplib or coff2omf tools.

..which is, incidentally, what he was looking for in the first place ;)

Unfortunately coff2omf is not free, you have to buy the $15 Extended Utilities Package to get it.
October 16, 2008
Hello Jarrett,

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM, John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> Is Uuid.lib an import library?  It doesn't look like it.  If it's a
>> static library, you won't be able to convert it to omf with the
>> coffimplib or coff2omf tools.
>> 
> ..which is, incidentally, what he was looking for in the first place
> ;)
> 

Oh right. :)

> Unfortunately coff2omf is not free, you have to buy the $15 Extended
> Utilities Package to get it.
> 

My point was that I don't think he'll have success even with coff2omf on a static library.  A micrsoft compiled library in coff format is not likely (unless it be very simple...eg created with assembler) to work with digitalmars compiler even once it's converted to omf format (although I expect coff2omf to fail before it even gets to there).  I've searched for tools that do this; and there are a few out there, but most of them give disclaimers describing why object conversion (from system to system) is likely to fail.  That is, the tool might succeed in the conversion, but the resulting library might be prove non-functional.  Naturally, I could be wrong here... and would be excited to find out that I was. :)

See this link:

http://www.agner.org/optimize/

On the same page is a object file converter tool that is capable of converting across all sorts of formats (elf, coff, omf, etc).  The manual for the tool may be downloaded from the site as well.  On page 15-17 of that manual, it describes why there will be conversion problems when trying to convert a library from one object format to another.

Incidently, maybe the OP can make use of the above mentioned tool, which is free. :)

-JJR

October 16, 2008
John Reimer wrote:
> Hello Jarrett,
> 
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM, John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is Uuid.lib an import library?  It doesn't look like it.  If it's a
>>> static library, you won't be able to convert it to omf with the
>>> coffimplib or coff2omf tools.
>>>
>> ..which is, incidentally, what he was looking for in the first place
>> ;)
>>
> 
> 
> Oh right. :)
> 
> 
>> Unfortunately coff2omf is not free, you have to buy the $15 Extended
>> Utilities Package to get it.
>>
> 
> My point was that I don't think he'll have success even with coff2omf on a static library.  A micrsoft compiled library in coff format is not likely (unless it be very simple...eg created with assembler) to work with digitalmars compiler even once it's converted to omf format (although I expect coff2omf to fail before it even gets to there).  I've searched for tools that do this; and there are a few out there, but most of them give disclaimers describing why object conversion (from system to system) is likely to fail.  That is, the tool might succeed in the conversion, but the resulting library might be prove non-functional.  Naturally, I could be wrong here... and would be excited to find out that I was. :)
> 
> See this link:
> 
> http://www.agner.org/optimize/
> 
> On the same page is a object file converter tool that is capable of converting across all sorts of formats (elf, coff, omf, etc).  The manual for the tool may be downloaded from the site as well.  On page 15-17 of that manual, it describes why there will be conversion problems when trying to convert a library from one object format to another.
> 
> Incidently, maybe the OP can make use of the above mentioned tool, which is free. :)
> 
> -JJR
> 
> 
Would be nice if someone could patch it to support DMD's use of record C3. I'm pretty sure the difficult work was done in the DDL project.
October 16, 2008
Hello Don,

> John Reimer wrote:
> 
>> Hello Jarrett,
>> 
>>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM, John Reimer
>>> <terminal.node@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Is Uuid.lib an import library?  It doesn't look like it.  If it's a
>>>> static library, you won't be able to convert it to omf with the
>>>> coffimplib or coff2omf tools.
>>>> 
>>> ..which is, incidentally, what he was looking for in the first place
>>> ;)
>>> 
>> Oh right. :)
>> 
>>> Unfortunately coff2omf is not free, you have to buy the $15 Extended
>>> Utilities Package to get it.
>>> 
>> My point was that I don't think he'll have success even with coff2omf
>> on a static library.  A micrsoft compiled library in coff format is
>> not likely (unless it be very simple...eg created with assembler) to
>> work with digitalmars compiler even once it's converted to omf format
>> (although I expect coff2omf to fail before it even gets to there).
>> I've searched for tools that do this; and there are a few out there,
>> but most of them give disclaimers describing why object conversion
>> (from system to system) is likely to fail.  That is, the tool might
>> succeed in the conversion, but the resulting library might be prove
>> non-functional.  Naturally, I could be wrong here... and would be
>> excited to find out that I was. :)
>> 
>> See this link:
>> 
>> http://www.agner.org/optimize/
>> 
>> On the same page is a object file converter tool that is capable of
>> converting across all sorts of formats (elf, coff, omf, etc).  The
>> manual for the tool may be downloaded from the site as well.  On page
>> 15-17 of that manual, it describes why there will be conversion
>> problems when trying to convert a library from one object format to
>> another.
>> 
>> Incidently, maybe the OP can make use of the above mentioned tool,
>> which is free. :)
>> 
>> -JJR
>> 
> Would be nice if someone could patch it to support DMD's use of record
> C3. I'm pretty sure the difficult work was done in the DDL project.
> 

Does DDL support omf currently?  I'll have to check that.  If I recall correctly, DDL is still waiting to support coff, correct?

-JJR

October 16, 2008
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:45 AM, John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Don,
>
>> John Reimer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Jarrett,
>>>
>>>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM, John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Is Uuid.lib an import library?  It doesn't look like it.  If it's a static library, you won't be able to convert it to omf with the coffimplib or coff2omf tools.
>>>>>
>>>> ..which is, incidentally, what he was looking for in the first place ;)
>>>>
>>> Oh right. :)
>>>
>>>> Unfortunately coff2omf is not free, you have to buy the $15 Extended Utilities Package to get it.
>>>>
>>> My point was that I don't think he'll have success even with coff2omf on a static library.  A micrsoft compiled library in coff format is not likely (unless it be very simple...eg created with assembler) to work with digitalmars compiler even once it's converted to omf format (although I expect coff2omf to fail before it even gets to there). I've searched for tools that do this; and there are a few out there, but most of them give disclaimers describing why object conversion (from system to system) is likely to fail.  That is, the tool might succeed in the conversion, but the resulting library might be prove non-functional.  Naturally, I could be wrong here... and would be excited to find out that I was. :)
>>>
>>> See this link:
>>>
>>> http://www.agner.org/optimize/
>>>
>>> On the same page is a object file converter tool that is capable of converting across all sorts of formats (elf, coff, omf, etc).  The manual for the tool may be downloaded from the site as well.  On page 15-17 of that manual, it describes why there will be conversion problems when trying to convert a library from one object format to another.
>>>
>>> Incidently, maybe the OP can make use of the above mentioned tool, which is free. :)
>>>
>>> -JJR
>>>
>> Would be nice if someone could patch it to support DMD's use of record C3. I'm pretty sure the difficult work was done in the DDL project.
>>
>
>
> Does DDL support omf currently?  I'll have to check that.  If I recall correctly, DDL is still waiting to support coff, correct?

OMF is all it supports right now.
October 16, 2008
Le Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:30:51 +0200, John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com> a écrit:

> See this link:
>
> http://www.agner.org/optimize/
>
> On the same page is a object file converter tool that is capable of converting across all sorts of formats (elf, coff, omf, etc).  The manual for the tool may be downloaded from the site as well.  On page 15-17 of that manual, it describes why there will be conversion problems when trying to convert a library from one object format to another.
>
> Incidently, maybe the OP can make use of the above mentioned tool, which is free. :)

Your link is awesome : "Object File Converter" seems converting Uuid.lib without problem.
thanks!
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2