May 02, 2002
Walter & Jan -

I was on the verge of buying Zortech C++ about the time Symantec took it over and turned it into a 32-bit Windows product, so I stuck with Borland for MS-DOS and Windows.

I discovered Digital Mars C/C++ on 17 Apr 2002, downloaded the free stuff and let it sit in my transfer directory until 30 Apr. About a week ago I grabbed all the articles in the c++ news groups on your server and have read most of them. It's really encouraging to see the dedication and comraderie here.

Being basically cheap I hurriedly tried the 8.27 compiler on a couple of simple Win32 console programs I had lying around. I thought there must be some mistake, bcc32 wouldn't even have had time to display its copyright message, but dmc had already compiled and linked. It was really impressive.

Paying $25 for the CD was a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to getting the whole package to try out on some more substantial apps.

May 02, 2002
You know... We need a lot more testimonials like on the website! Jan

Frank Albe wrote:

> Walter & Jan -
>
> I was on the verge of buying Zortech C++ about the time Symantec took it over and turned it into a 32-bit Windows product, so I stuck with Borland for MS-DOS and Windows.
>
> I discovered Digital Mars C/C++ on 17 Apr 2002, downloaded the free stuff and let it sit in my transfer directory until 30 Apr. About a week ago I grabbed all the articles in the c++ news groups on your server and have read most of them. It's really encouraging to see the dedication and comraderie here.
>
> Being basically cheap I hurriedly tried the 8.27 compiler on a couple of simple Win32 console programs I had lying around. I thought there must be some mistake, bcc32 wouldn't even have had time to display its copyright message, but dmc had already compiled and linked. It was really impressive.

VERY WELL SAID!

>
>
> Paying $25 for the CD was a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to getting the whole package to try out on some more substantial apps.