Thread overview
Visual D pass ldc2 parameters -conf=etc/ldc2.conf
February 28
Trying to pass
-conf=/etc/ldc2.conf

to ldc2 so it will load but this goes to dmd and it errors out.

also when I go to command line, it shows dmd even though I have ldc2 as the compiler

$(VisualDInstallDir)pipedmd.exe" -deps "$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).dep" dmd -m64 -g -gf -debug -X -Xf"$(IntDir)\$(TargetName).json" -of"$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).exe" -L/PDB:"$(IntDir)\$(SafeProjectName).pdb" -L/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE -L/noopttls

and I put the additional option and it passes it to dmd.

I need to be able to properly pass command line arguments to ldc2.

I'm assuming that the above is for dmd's arguments to ldc2, but I need specific arguments to ldc2 per project.

So possibly have a sub page that does the same but for the ldc2 side when the ldc configuration is being used?

Or just another text box below for ld2 options.


March 01

On 28/02/2019 14:06, Michelle Long wrote:
> Trying to pass
> -conf=/etc/ldc2.conf
> 
> to ldc2 so it will load but this goes to dmd and it errors out.
> 
> also when I go to command line, it shows dmd even though I have ldc2 as the compiler
> 
> $(VisualDInstallDir)pipedmd.exe" -deps "$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).dep"
> dmd -m64 -g -gf -debug -X -Xf"$(IntDir)\$(TargetName).json"
> -of"$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).exe"
> -L/PDB:"$(IntDir)\$(SafeProjectName).pdb" -L/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE -L/noopttls
> 
> and I put the additional option and it passes it to dmd.
> 
> I need to be able to properly pass command line arguments to ldc2.
> 
> I'm assuming that the above is for dmd's arguments to ldc2, but I need specific arguments to ldc2 per project.
> 
> So possibly have a sub page that does the same but for the ldc2 side when the ldc configuration is being used?
> 
> Or just another text box below for ld2 options.
> 
> 

If you select LDC as the compiler for the current configuration (and apply this change) the command line page shows "ldc2". All additional options are then passed to ldc2 as is, dmd is no longer invoked.
March 02
On Friday, 1 March 2019 at 19:21:12 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>
> On 28/02/2019 14:06, Michelle Long wrote:
>> Trying to pass
>> -conf=/etc/ldc2.conf
>> 
>> to ldc2 so it will load but this goes to dmd and it errors out.
>> 
>> also when I go to command line, it shows dmd even though I have ldc2 as the compiler
>> 
>> $(VisualDInstallDir)pipedmd.exe" -deps "$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).dep"
>> dmd -m64 -g -gf -debug -X -Xf"$(IntDir)\$(TargetName).json"
>> -of"$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).exe"
>> -L/PDB:"$(IntDir)\$(SafeProjectName).pdb" -L/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE -L/noopttls
>> 
>> and I put the additional option and it passes it to dmd.
>> 
>> I need to be able to properly pass command line arguments to ldc2.
>> 
>> I'm assuming that the above is for dmd's arguments to ldc2, but I need specific arguments to ldc2 per project.
>> 
>> So possibly have a sub page that does the same but for the ldc2 side when the ldc configuration is being used?
>> 
>> Or just another text box below for ld2 options.
>> 
>> 
>
> If you select LDC as the compiler for the current configuration (and apply this change) the command line page shows "ldc2". All additional options are then passed to ldc2 as is, dmd is no longer invoked.

ok, that did change things. So here is the question:

1. I used Visual D to generate the DMD+LDC+GDC configuration.
2. I selected Debug LDC
3. I could compile and, at least I thought ldc was compiling the project.

It seems though that either I somehow changed the compiler to dmd or it was never set...

I might have changed it a long time ago as this project is old, but I can't imagine why I would have set that property.

In any case, seems to be working as expect from changing that compiler setting.

Thanks.
March 02

On 02/03/2019 05:17, Michelle Long wrote:
> On Friday, 1 March 2019 at 19:21:12 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 28/02/2019 14:06, Michelle Long wrote:
>>> Trying to pass
>>> -conf=/etc/ldc2.conf
>>>
>>> to ldc2 so it will load but this goes to dmd and it errors out.
[...]
>>>
>>
>> If you select LDC as the compiler for the current configuration (and apply this change) the command line page shows "ldc2". All additional options are then passed to ldc2 as is, dmd is no longer invoked.
> 
> ok, that did change things. So here is the question:
> 
> 1. I used Visual D to generate the DMD+LDC+GDC configuration.
> 2. I selected Debug LDC
> 3. I could compile and, at least I thought ldc was compiling the project.
> 
> It seems though that either I somehow changed the compiler to dmd or it was never set...
> 
> I might have changed it a long time ago as this project is old, but I can't imagine why I would have set that property.
> 
> In any case, seems to be working as expect from changing that compiler setting.
> 
> Thanks.

VS does not automatically synchronize the build configuration and the currently edited configuration in the project settings. That rather often fools me in thinking that changes to the settings have no effect, while I actually broke another configuration.