Thread overview
Improvements to the annotation functionality
Jan 10
Brian
Jan 22
Brian
January 10
I want and I think:

```D

struct A
{
    int x = 1;
    int y = 2;
    int z = 3;
    string a = "a";
    string b = "b";

    this(int x, int y, int z, string a, string b)
    {
        this.x = x;
        thix.y = y;
        this.z = z;
        this.a = a;
        this.b = b;
    }
}

@A(1, 2, 3, "a", "b")
void test1()
{
    // TODO
}


@A(z=9, b="bbb")
void test2()
{
    // TODO
}

```

Member assignments can be specified, seem test2().
January 10
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 04:46:28 +0000, Brian wrote:
> @A(z=9, b="bbb")

Named function parameters would give you that. There are a couple proposals floating around. Generalized struct initializer syntax would work, too.
January 10
On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 04:46:28 UTC, Brian wrote:
> I want and I think:
>
> ```D
>
> struct A
> {
>     int x = 1;
>     int y = 2;
>     int z = 3;
>     string a = "a";
>     string b = "b";
>
>     this(int x, int y, int z, string a, string b)
>     {
>         this.x = x;
>         thix.y = y;
>         this.z = z;
>         this.a = a;
>         this.b = b;
>     }
> }
>
> @A(1, 2, 3, "a", "b")
> void test1()
> {
>     // TODO
> }
>
>
> @A(z=9, b="bbb")
> void test2()
> {
>     // TODO
> }
>
> ```
>
> Member assignments can be specified, seem test2().

https://github.com/wilzbach/DIPs/blob/b1283b455b635d7dcbc2c871d2aa47cc67190059/DIPs/DIP1xxx-sw.md

How can we proceed with this DIP?

Kind regards
Andre
January 10
On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 06:41:54 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:

>
> https://github.com/wilzbach/DIPs/blob/b1283b455b635d7dcbc2c871d2aa47cc67190059/DIPs/DIP1xxx-sw.md
>
> How can we proceed with this DIP?
>

I've been in contact with Sebastian about it and he isn't ready to move forward with it yet. When he is, it will get priority because it's been there so long.
January 22
On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 10:49:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 06:41:54 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>
>>
>> https://github.com/wilzbach/DIPs/blob/b1283b455b635d7dcbc2c871d2aa47cc67190059/DIPs/DIP1xxx-sw.md
>>
>> How can we proceed with this DIP?
>>
>
> I've been in contact with Sebastian about it and he isn't ready to move forward with it yet. When he is, it will get priority because it's been there so long.

Thank you! We need it to simplify development some framework.