View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
February 10, 2013
We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
Oh noes...
Now Mono-Develop used text/x-d and Pygments uses text/x-dsrc.

-- 
Marco
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 17:15:40 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Oh noes...
> Now Mono-Develop used text/x-d and Pygments uses text/x-dsrc.

Yep, I chose text/x-d mainly because the type for c#-files had 
been text/x-sharp, and since there probably is no other program 
that uses .d or .di files, I kept that one :) - But yeah, define 
one and I'll take it over!
Isn't there a bigger registration process required in terms of 
ISO or such?
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
> text/x-csharp
sry, there really should be a way to edit posts..
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 02/10/2013 11:22 AM, alex wrote:
> Yep, I chose text/x-d mainly because the type for c#-files had been
> text/x-sharp, and since there probably is no other program that uses .d
> or .di files, I kept that one :)
vim occasionally thinks .d files are 'dtrace' files.

I have no idea what that is though.
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 2013-02-10 18:22, alex wrote:

> Yep, I chose text/x-d mainly because the type for c#-files had been
> text/x-sharp, and since there probably is no other program that uses .d
> or .di files, I kept that one :) - But yeah, define one and I'll take it
> over!
> Isn't there a bigger registration process required in terms of ISO or such?

DTrace uses .d files.

"Tracing programs (also referred to as scripts) are written using the D 
programming language (not to be confused with other programming 
languages named "D")"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTrace

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 2013-02-10 18:43, 1100110 wrote:

> vim occasionally thinks .d files are 'dtrace' files.
>
> I have no idea what that is though.

It can be used for debugging, tracking system calls and similar.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 17:47:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-02-10 18:43, 1100110 wrote:
>
>> vim occasionally thinks .d files are 'dtrace' files.
>>
>> I have no idea what that is though.
>
> It can be used for debugging, tracking system calls and similar.

So, which mime is there (left) to take?
And how does one occupy a mime type?

Is there legal registration stuff to do, as I asked before? 
Anyone who knows..ah ok I'll google this.. :)
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 02/10/2013 09:24 AM, alex wrote:
>> text/x-csharp
> sry, there really should be a way to edit posts..

The forum interface makes it look like something else but these are 
"newsgroups" which by definition uses the NNTP protocol. As far as I 
know, NNTP does not have a way of editing.

Even if it had, the clients could be configured to ignore the edit requests.

Ali
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
Am Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:57:12 +0100
schrieb "alex" <info@alexanderbothe.com>:

> On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 17:47:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > On 2013-02-10 18:43, 1100110 wrote:
> >
> >> vim occasionally thinks .d files are 'dtrace' files.
> >>
> >> I have no idea what that is though.
> >
> > It can be used for debugging, tracking system calls and similar.
> 
> So, which mime is there (left) to take?
> And how does one occupy a mime type?

http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl

If you want it to be implemented on linux, probably ask on a
FreeDesktop mailing list, freedesktop.org maintains the linux mime
database.
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 2/10/13, alex <info@alexanderbothe.com> wrote:
> So, which mime is there (left) to take?

dlang? x-dlang? or something like that.
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home