View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
February 21, 2006
Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0 in D?
All I see is support for 1.1,1.2 and I think GLFW has 1.4 or 1.5.


Cris
February 21, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
Cris wrote:
> Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0 in D?
> All I see is support for 1.1,1.2 and I think GLFW has 1.4 or 1.5.
> 
> 
> Cris

http://www.lessequal.com/software/ for win32.
February 21, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
clayasaurus wrote:
> Cris wrote:
>> Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0 in D?
>> All I see is support for 1.1,1.2 and I think GLFW has 1.4 or 1.5.
>>
>>
>> Cris
> 
> http://www.lessequal.com/software/ for win32.


Great! I wonder if there will be a Linux version too.
February 22, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
Cris wrote:
> clayasaurus wrote:
>> Cris wrote:
>>> Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0 in D?
>>> All I see is support for 1.1,1.2 and I think GLFW has 1.4 or 1.5.
>>>
>>>
>>> Cris
>>
>> http://www.lessequal.com/software/ for win32.
> 
> 
> Great! I wonder if there will be a Linux version too.

Yes.
February 22, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
Thank you, bobef.

You'll be our saviour! I see that it has some linux support already if 
I'm not mistaken.

Then I'll switch to GLEE & D (I'm using C++ & GLEW) immediately and hope 
that there will be a Linux version soon too.

I like your lincense: "'bobef license 1.0': use without restrictions at 
your own risk"


bobef wrote:
> Cris wrote:
>> clayasaurus wrote:
>>> Cris wrote:
>>>> Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0 in D?
>>>> All I see is support for 1.1,1.2 and I think GLFW has 1.4 or 1.5.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Cris
>>>
>>> http://www.lessequal.com/software/ for win32.
>>
>>
>> Great! I wonder if there will be a Linux version too.
> 
> Yes.
February 22, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
Yes, it has linux support and extensions but I haven't yet did the linux 
part (simply because I don't have linux), but I installed it few days 
ago. Of course I broke it so maybe after few more reinstallations I will 
be ready to run D ;]

Cris wrote:
> Thank you, bobef.
> 
> You'll be our saviour! I see that it has some linux support already if 
> I'm not mistaken.
> 
> Then I'll switch to GLEE & D (I'm using C++ & GLEW) immediately and hope 
> that there will be a Linux version soon too.
> 
> I like your lincense: "'bobef license 1.0': use without restrictions at 
> your own risk"
> 
> 
> bobef wrote:
>> Cris wrote:
>>> clayasaurus wrote:
>>>> Cris wrote:
>>>>> Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0 in D?
>>>>> All I see is support for 1.1,1.2 and I think GLFW has 1.4 or 1.5.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Cris
>>>>
>>>> http://www.lessequal.com/software/ for win32.
>>>
>>>
>>> Great! I wonder if there will be a Linux version too.
>>
>> Yes.
February 22, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
bobef wrote:
> Yes, it has linux support and extensions but I haven't yet did the linux 
> part (simply because I don't have linux), but I installed it few days 
> ago. Of course I broke it so maybe after few more reinstallations I will 
> be ready to run D ;]
> 



After I first tried Linux in 97 and I had it for a few months, finally I 
deleted it simply because I needed the space and it didn'y bring me 
anything that my amazingly STABLE Win95 PE couldn't do for me. Really, 
no joke - I actually never understood the troubles of the people 
complaning about 95, when I installed Win98SE it was a completely 
different story... Then I looked into Linux again, then again and again, 
until last year I was finally able to install a Linux that would run 
almost out of the box with my hardware: Ubuntu and it works! So I have 
it for many months now (although installing propriatery ATI drivers is a 
little bit tricky but there is a good HOWTO already). And because I 
don't really have much use for Linux I've decided to do cross-platform 
OGL/OAL demos with it.

:) So I'll say with a few words what I've said above: If you haven't, I 
recommend you to try Ubuntu (I haven't needed more than 2 
reinstallations to make it work as I want).

Initially I hesitated to offer you help with GLEE for Linux but since 
I'm not experienced with D, I decided not to do it for now but I still 
can be a tester ;)

Best regards
       Cris
February 23, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
Ubuntu was the distro I broke yesterday ;] I guess I am very talented ;] 
I had no problems with the ATI drivers but it works too slow for me. I 
don't like it. I think am giving a VectorLinux another try, because few 
months ago it worked very well for me...

Cris wrote:
> bobef wrote:
>> Yes, it has linux support and extensions but I haven't yet did the 
>> linux part (simply because I don't have linux), but I installed it few 
>> days ago. Of course I broke it so maybe after few more reinstallations 
>> I will be ready to run D ;]
>>
> 
> 
> 
> After I first tried Linux in 97 and I had it for a few months, finally I 
> deleted it simply because I needed the space and it didn'y bring me 
> anything that my amazingly STABLE Win95 PE couldn't do for me. Really, 
> no joke - I actually never understood the troubles of the people 
> complaning about 95, when I installed Win98SE it was a completely 
> different story... Then I looked into Linux again, then again and again, 
> until last year I was finally able to install a Linux that would run 
> almost out of the box with my hardware: Ubuntu and it works! So I have 
> it for many months now (although installing propriatery ATI drivers is a 
> little bit tricky but there is a good HOWTO already). And because I 
> don't really have much use for Linux I've decided to do cross-platform 
> OGL/OAL demos with it.
> 
> :) So I'll say with a few words what I've said above: If you haven't, I 
> recommend you to try Ubuntu (I haven't needed more than 2 
> reinstallations to make it work as I want).
> 
> Initially I hesitated to offer you help with GLEE for Linux but since 
> I'm not experienced with D, I decided not to do it for now but I still 
> can be a tester ;)
> 
> Best regards
>        Cris
February 23, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
bobef wrote:
> Ubuntu was the distro I broke yesterday ;] I guess I am very talented ;] 
> I had no problems with the ATI drivers but it works too slow for me. I 
> don't like it. I think am giving a VectorLinux another try, because few 
> months ago it worked very well for me...

I break Ubuntu all of the time... but only because I mess around with it 
and upgrade to unreleased versions (running dapper now). But I've 
installed Ubuntu on many machines without problems. I even run a script 
to download/compile/install enlightenment (unstable) for my desktop, 
since it's faster and nicer than gnome.

Are you running an older machine? VectorLinux is faster but I don't 
think it's as noticeable on newer machines (for older machines it's 
probably better). I think gnome is a big problem for the slowness in 
Ubuntu, which a lot of memory problems have been fixed recently. So if 
you're daring (though it's pretty stable for me) you can give dapper 
(newest Ubuntu) a try.

On another note, I've never used GLEE. But if you want help 
testing/porting it, I'd be glad to help (anything that deals with Linux 
and OpenGL sparks my interest).
February 23, 2006
Re: Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?
I wasted whole day installing vector, making ati hardware acceleration 
work, configuring kde, etc...
Then I translated GLee to linux but I was unable to test it. It compiles 
but I failed at the link step (some unresolved symbols even after 
linking with all the required libraries 
(x11,xf86blah,a,m,,s,d,f,g,h,f,5,f,jh,i,56,,gf,g,dl,gl, what ever (can't 
they think of names longer than 3 letters?!?)). So I read some forum and 
they said reinstalling glibc may solve this. Bad idea. So guess what. I 
broke it ;] Anyway if you want give it a try, maybe it works. I uploaded 
the new stuff here http://www.lessequal.com/software/gleed/gleed.zip . 
And it is updated it to GLee 5.1... And I made few more changes after 
that (in windows) so maybe I broke something in the linux version (i.e. 
some imports)...

> Are you running an older machine? VectorLinux is faster but I don't
> think it's as noticeable on newer machines (for older machines it's
> probably better). I think gnome is a big problem for the slowness in
> Ubuntu, which a lot of memory problems have been fixed recently. So if
> you're daring (though it's pretty stable for me) you can give dapper
> (newest Ubuntu) a try.

Noo... 2500+mhz 512ram.. I guess GNOME is just slow... And KDE too... 
This is so annoying... I like IceWM but it doesn't have desktop and many 
other things... damn.... I will give Ubuntu another try if you say. But 
I need some rest. I broke 3 distros in 48h...


P.S. why the hell they call Kate "programmers editor"? it don't even 
have macros... Guess I won't be programming linux until akide is ported 
to it (or at least editplus)...
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home