February 15, 2012
Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip
February 15, 2012
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:47:27 Walter Bright wrote:
> Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?
> 
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip
> 
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip

You forgot to merge in the changelogs for druntime and Phobos.

- Jonathan M Davis
February 15, 2012
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:52:23 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:47:27 Walter Bright wrote:
> > Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?
> > 
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip
> > 
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip
> 
> You forgot to merge in the changelogs for druntime and Phobos.

And the first bug listed as fixed - 314 - was reopened.

- Jonathan M Davis
February 15, 2012
On 2/14/2012 8:54 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:52:23 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:47:27 Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?
>>>
>>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
>>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip
>>>
>>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
>>> https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip
>>
>> You forgot to merge in the changelogs for druntime and Phobos.
>
> And the first bug listed as fixed - 314 - was reopened.

That was removed from the changelog, it's just that the dlang.org hasn't been synced yet.

February 15, 2012
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 21:08:03 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/14/2012 8:54 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:52:23 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:47:27 Walter Bright wrote:
> >>> Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?
> >>> 
> >>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip
> >>> 
> >>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip
> >> 
> >> You forgot to merge in the changelogs for druntime and Phobos.
> > 
> > And the first bug listed as fixed - 314 - was reopened.
> 
> That was removed from the changelog, it's just that the dlang.org hasn't been synced yet.

Odd. I wouldn't have expected any of it to end up on dlang until the final release, in which case you shouldn't have issues with the changelog not being up-to-date but still including 2.058. Was it being updated while the betas were out?

- Jonathan M Davis
February 15, 2012
On 2/14/2012 9:19 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Odd. I wouldn't have expected any of it to end up on dlang until the final
> release, in which case you shouldn't have issues with the changelog not being
> up-to-date but still including 2.058. Was it being updated while the betas
> were out?

It does say "upcoming" on dlang.org, so it is the beta changelog.
February 15, 2012
2012/2/14 Walter Bright <newshound2@digitalmars.com>

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/**2.0/changelog.html<http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html>



Did you forget to mention the new std.net.curl module?


February 15, 2012
On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 00:02:10 Jimmy Cao wrote:
> Did you forget to mention the new std.net.curl module?

No. It's in the changelog. It's just that the website hasn't been updated yet. It currently lists the partial changelog from the beta, not the full changelog.

- Jonathan M Davis
February 15, 2012
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:47:27 Walter Bright wrote:
> Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?
> 
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip
> 
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip

* Allow 1.userproperty syntax

Was UFCS added in this release? On what level is it supported? Does it now work with _everything_, or is it just all built-in types? Or is it only integers? Or is it only with properties and not functions and not full UFCS?

- Jonathan M Davis
February 15, 2012
On 2/14/12 10:47 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Anyone care to count up the number of bug fixes here?
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.073.zip
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.058.zip

243 bug fixes according to my count. New record. Vote up!

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/pqft5/d_reference_compiler_2058_is_out_15_new_features/

Congratulations to everyone involved! There has never been such momentum in D's history.


Andrei
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4 5
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home