View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
November 16, 2005
IDE
Is there any Intigrated Development Enviornment for D ?
November 16, 2005
Re: IDE
In article <dlf32u$o2f$1@digitaldaemon.com>, INDIA says...
>
>Is there any Intigrated Development Enviornment for D ?
>
>

Look in the links section/dsource/dwiki.
November 16, 2005
Re: IDE
In article <dlf32u$o2f$1@digitaldaemon.com>, INDIA says...
>
>Is there any Intigrated Development Enviornment for D ?

There's not really a full IDE available yet, but DBug (which is still under
development) has some debugging capabilities:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dbug/

There are some editors that either come with syntax highlighting for D or can be
configured to work with D source:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport

There's a variety of other tools available, also:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReferenceForTools

jcc7
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
In article <dlf32u$o2f$1@digitaldaemon.com>, INDIA says...

>Is there any Intigrated Development Enviornment for D ?

The Zeus for Windows IDE has improved support for the D 
language. 

The latest version comes with a modified ctags.exe utility 
which adds support for the D language (see link for more
details):

http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php

This means the class browsing, code completion and tag 
searching features should now work for the D language.

Jussi Jumppanen
Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial).
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
In article <dlh0ak$11nj$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Jussi Jumppanen says...
>
>In article <dlf32u$o2f$1@digitaldaemon.com>, INDIA says...
>
>>Is there any Intigrated Development Enviornment for D ?
>
>The Zeus for Windows IDE has improved support for the D 
>language. 
>
>The latest version comes with a modified ctags.exe utility 
>which adds support for the D language (see link for more
>details):
>
>http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php

The link doesn't work for me but this does:
http://www.zeusedit.com

Seems to be 45-day trial NON-freeware :'(
Free software rules!

>This means the class browsing, code completion and tag 
>searching features should now work for the D language.
>
>Jussi Jumppanen
>Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial).

Tom
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
The best IDE for D is most certainly excellent Elephant IDE. Freeware.

-- 
...........
Dejan Lekic
 http://dejan.lekic.org
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
In article <dli2je$1111$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...
>
>
>The best IDE for D is most certainly excellent Elephant IDE. Freeware.

It's nice but still TOO BUGGY!
It'd be nice if the author opens a little more the project and join some
collaborators. This would rapidly increase the product quality. 

Tom
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
Yeah its kind of useless in its current form. 

In article <dli6g1$14bf$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Tomás Rossi says...
>
>In article <dli2je$1111$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...
>>
>>
>>The best IDE for D is most certainly excellent Elephant IDE. Freeware.
>
>It's nice but still TOO BUGGY!
>It'd be nice if the author opens a little more the project and join some
>collaborators. This would rapidly increase the product quality. 
>
>Tom
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
Tomás Rossi wrote:
> In article <dli2je$1111$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...
> 
>>
>>The best IDE for D is most certainly excellent Elephant IDE. Freeware.
> 
> 
> It's nice but still TOO BUGGY!
> It'd be nice if the author opens a little more the project and join some
> collaborators. This would rapidly increase the product quality. 
> 
> Tom

Well maybe you guys should try the non-free IDE that isn't buggy. 
That's usually the benefit of most good non-free software.  ;-)

Beggers can't be choosers.  Nothing is trully free in this world.

-JJR
November 17, 2005
Re: IDE
In article <dlid5t$1h4q$1@digitaldaemon.com>, John Reimer says...
>
>Tomás Rossi wrote:
>> In article <dli2je$1111$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...
>> 
>>>
>>>The best IDE for D is most certainly excellent Elephant IDE. Freeware.
>> 
>> 
>> It's nice but still TOO BUGGY!
>> It'd be nice if the author opens a little more the project and join some
>> collaborators. This would rapidly increase the product quality. 
>> 
>> Tom
>
>Well maybe you guys should try the non-free IDE that isn't buggy. 
>That's usually the benefit of most good non-free software.  ;-)
>
>Beggers can't be choosers.  Nothing is trully free in this world.
>
>-JJR

You must work for a living too, huh? <g>

- Dave
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4 5
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home